22 Beauties vie for Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 Crowns
Report: Raymund Thom Golez | Managing Editor
Photos: JR Noses | Chief Photojournalist & Photo Editor
TAMPA, Florida – The 49th edition of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 has officially kicked-off as the 30 Official Candidates were formally introduced to members of the Philippine media in a Press Presentation held at Hotel 101 Manila on July 20.
Most of the girls from this year’s batch were fresh faces and could be considered as novices in the world of beauty pageants. And consistent to its tradition, there are eight delegates from overseas communities such as Australia, Hawaii, Iceland, Japan, Melbourne, Singapore, United Kingdom, and United States-West Coast who will vie for the special title of Mutya ng Pilipinas Overseas Communities.
This year’s official candidates were as follows:
1) Darlene May Reyes – Singapore
2) Chella Grace Falconer – Northern Mindanao
3) Cristelle Ann Tolentino – Manila
4) Kristine Eiriel Nolasco – Bulacan
5) Crystal Rosehelly Alday – Camarines Sur
6) Pamela Bianca Villacorte – Cavite
7) Jaila Eunice Ragindin – Bataan
8) Jesas Wada – Japan
9) Arianne Deseree Viardo – Pampanga
10) Sofia Marie Sibug – Albay
11) Shaina Micaella Bello – Caloocan City
12) Alyssa Joreen Reyes – Lemery, Batangas
13) Charlene Fontanilla – Valenzuela City
14) Hannah Khayle Iglesia – Isabela
15) Abagail Jane Grigsby – Melbourne
16) Nicole Kristel Losloso – Southern Luzon
17) Ilene Astrid de Vera – Cebu
18) Sandrianne Esquilona – Tarlac
19) Claire Yvonne Aznar – Davao
20) Savannah Mari Gankiewicz – Hawaii
21) Angela Carla Sandigan – Pateros
22) Maxine Xanti Manalus – Central Luzon
23) Louise Lian Enumerable – Negros Island Region
24) Stephanie Joy Pendon – Antipolo
25) Bertmari Bergmannsdottir – Iceland
26) Colleen Chan – Iloilo
27) Jannie Loudette Alipo-on – Navotas City
28) Suzanne Perez – California
29) Rica Sey – Australia
30) Nicole Marie Deguilmo – United Kingdom
The Darling of the Press special award was given to Ilene Astrid De Vera of Cebu. First Runner up is Ms. Jannie Loudette Alipo-on of Navotas City, Second Runner up is Ms. Colleen Chan of Iloilo.
In addition to the exciting journey of the lovely Mutyas, a pleasant surprise was among guests was announced as Ms. Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo were officially introduced as the new president of Mutya ng Pilipinas Organization by Miss Asia Pacific International Inc. President, Ms. Jacqueline Tan-Sainz. “With my duties with Miss Asia Pacific International, my term as president of Mutya ng Pilipinas draws to a close. It was an honor to work with all of you throughout these years. With the support you have provided, I am proud that Mutya ng Pilipinas continues to search for Filipinas that would embody the beauty & culture of our country- the Philippines“, declares Tan-Sainz. “With a joyful heart, I want to extend my best wishes to a very good friend and the new president of Mutya ng Pilipinas, Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo.”, Tan-Sainz added.
In her acceptance speech, Tamayo shared, “I’ve witnessed the struggles of Mutya ng Pilipinas. Many may not know it but there was a time that the pageant was really nearing its end. But with the help of the past administration, we made it! Salamat po sa lahat ng sumusuporta sa Mutya ng Pilipinas”.
What added to the excitements is that there will be three crowns to be handed out this year, the Mutya ng Pilipinas – Asia Pacific International, Mutya ng Pilipinas – Tourism International and Mutya ng Pilipinas – Top Model of the World. The winners will be the official representatives of the Philippines to the Miss Asia Pacific International, Miss Tourism International, Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International, and Miss Tourism Metropolitan International.
Three major pre-pageant events awaits the candidates: the Swimsuit Competition to be held at Hannah’s Beach Resort in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte, Regional Costume & Designer’s Competition at The Plaza of Resorts World Manila, and Evening Gown Competition at Alta D’ Tagaytay.
The grand coronation night will be held on August 4 at the Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila in Pasay City, Philippines.