Miss Fil-Am Florida 2017: Proudly Filipina!

Miss Fil-Am Florida 2017: Proudly Filipina!
Report: Raymund Thom Golez | Managing Editor
Photos: Lorna Smith | Contributing Photographer

TAMPA, Florida – “Brains, Beauty and Culture“, three words that would definitely best describe the roster of candidates of this year’s Miss Fil-Am Florida beauty pageant. Now on it’s third year, five equally gorgeous and stunning young ladies comprised the line-up for this year’s search, representing their family’s hometowns in the Philippines competed for the crown. The pageant is the brainchild of Filipino American Social Club, Inc. (FASC), an organization dedicated to promoting cultural awareness, conducting community service, and pursuing charitable endeavors across the Tampa Bay area. The coronation night was held on August 26 at the Grand Bayshore Ballroom of Hilton Hotel in Downtown Tampa, Florida.

Twenty-nine years old Miami-born Madeleine Knowles representing Cagayan de Oro, Philippines bagged the coveted crown of Miss Fil-Am Florida 2017. A graduate of Business Administration degree from Florida Inernational University, Knowles is a young entrepreneur who co-founded Prosperity Apparel Inc., an online boutique featuring a collection of stylish women’s apparel. She easily clinched the crown when she aced the final round of the competition when she answered the final question, “As the FASC Ambassador, what charities would support and why?”, Knowles responded: “As the FASC Ambassador, I would like to promote advocacy program on developing research on literacy experiential program in schools focusing on entrepreneurship development which would help create long-term solutions to supply the needs of the people“. Knowles was also regarded as the friendliest candidate after also winning the Miss Congeniality special award.

Knowles says she decided to participate in the Miss Fil-Am Florida pageant for the opportunity to make an impact and give back to the Filipino community through creating awareness and raising funds to help reduce poverty in the Philippines.

Coming in second place (first runner up) is Joy Marie Rose from Spring Hill, Florida representing Bataan, Philippines. Rose won several major special awards including Best in Swimsuit, Best in Cultural Costume, and Best in Evening Gown, along with the People’s Choice Award. April Weitzell of Tampa, Florida representing Pampanga, Philippines clinched the Second Runner Up title and Best in Talent special award. While Jeanette Benedicto of Orlando, Florida representing Camarines Sur, Philippines and Maria Nuguid of Tampa, Florida representing Manila, Philippines were Third and Fourth Runners Up respectively.

It is of great pride and honor for me to handle and organize Miss Fil-Am Florida pageant. it is now becoming as one of the most anticipated event in Tampa among the Filipino-American communities. I am thankful that through our team’s effort and unity, we were able to produce it as excellently as we could“, pageant director Erica Gerbolingo declares. “We were very overwhelmed and thankful, as well, to the undying support of the Filipino-American community.

This year’s batch of candidates underwent strong and impressive scrutiny from the distinguished Board of Judges composed of notable personalities in their own respective field of expertise, which includes: Mr. Arnell Biglete, Chair of the Philippine Cultural Foundation; Mr. Rocky Barrido, Gawad Kalinga USA Coordinator; Mr. David Duggan, former NFL Player and The Bachelorette reality tv star, Ms. Riza Asa, entrepreneur and Mrs. Asia Classic International Tourism 2016; Mr. Gary Schaaf, entrepreneur and company shareholder; Mr. Patrick Ruddell, entrepreneur and socialite; Mr. Raymund Thom Golez, pageant coach & trainer and Founder & Managing Editor of Life N Style Central online magazine; and Mr. Joey Omila, Cultural Affiars Director of PCFI.

For me, the candidates were all equally qualified to win the title. And I would like to personally thank each and everyone of them for the time, effort, and sacrifices they made in preparing for this pageant, and their support of the FASCI’s chosen charity for the year. I wish them all the great happiness and success in the future“, declares Ms. Gigi Gerbolingo Smith, FASC President.

The winner of Miss Fil-Am Florida 2017 and her court of beauties will be greatly involved in charity work and community service development along with FASC. Madeleine Knowles will fly to the Philippines early next year to be part of the Gawad Kalinga outreach program.

11 thoughts on “Miss Fil-Am Florida 2017: Proudly Filipina!

• June 1, 2018 at 3:29 pm

I simply needed to say thanks once more. I do not know the things I would’ve accomplished in the absence of the entire pointers documented by you relating to such concern. Completely was a real alarming setting in my position, but discovering this skilled form you treated that made me to weep with joy. Now i’m thankful for the information and then sincerely hope you recognize what a great job you were doing instructing people with the aid of a web site. Probably you’ve never come across any of us.

• June 1, 2018 at 7:23 pm

I happen to be writing to make you be aware of of the impressive encounter my girl went through reading through your blog. She figured out so many things, with the inclusion of what it is like to possess a wonderful coaching mood to make certain people very easily master a number of advanced things. You undoubtedly did more than readers’ expected results. I appreciate you for rendering those priceless, trusted, edifying not to mention easy tips on your topic to Emily.

• June 1, 2018 at 10:50 pm

I would like to express my appreciation to this writer for bailing me out of this type of circumstance. After exploring throughout the internet and meeting views which were not helpful, I assumed my life was over. Being alive without the approaches to the issues you have solved as a result of this article content is a crucial case, and the kind which could have negatively affected my entire career if I hadn’t come across the website. Your own mastery and kindness in dealing with every part was very useful. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a subject like this. I can at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot so much for the reliable and sensible guide. I won’t hesitate to recommend your web page to any person who desires care on this subject matter.

• June 2, 2018 at 2:13 am

I have to get across my love for your generosity in support of persons that absolutely need guidance on the area of interest. Your special commitment to getting the solution all through turned out to be surprisingly interesting and have specifically enabled guys much like me to get to their pursuits. Your entire warm and friendly information entails much to me and somewhat more to my peers. Best wishes; from all of us.

• June 2, 2018 at 6:11 am

I simply wanted to make a brief word to be able to express gratitude to you for those amazing suggestions you are giving out on this site. My rather long internet investigation has finally been honored with excellent facts to talk about with my neighbours. I ‘d mention that we website visitors actually are unquestionably endowed to live in a wonderful website with many perfect professionals with very helpful secrets. I feel truly lucky to have used your entire site and look forward to tons of more pleasurable times reading here. Thanks again for everything.

• June 2, 2018 at 6:29 am

I have to voice my gratitude for your kindness supporting folks who actually need help with this particular subject matter. Your very own dedication to passing the solution all over had been extraordinarily powerful and has regularly helped women like me to attain their pursuits. The valuable key points can mean much a person like me and even more to my mates. Thank you; from all of us.

• June 2, 2018 at 10:15 am

My wife and i were ecstatic Peter could finish off his investigation through your ideas he grabbed while using the web page. It’s not at all simplistic just to possibly be giving freely guidance that many a number of people may have been selling. We really grasp we have the writer to thank for this. The most important explanations you’ve made, the simple website menu, the friendships you can give support to promote – it’s got most wonderful, and it’s really facilitating our son in addition to the family know that the concept is exciting, which is certainly rather important. Thanks for everything!

• June 2, 2018 at 2:34 pm

I definitely wanted to construct a simple word to be able to express gratitude to you for the unique tips you are showing on this website. My time consuming internet search has at the end been paid with excellent tips to go over with my family. I would point out that we readers are rather blessed to live in a fine website with very many perfect professionals with valuable principles. I feel extremely lucky to have encountered the web page and look forward to really more fun times reading here. Thanks again for a lot of things.

• June 2, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I enjoy you because of every one of your hard work on this blog. My niece enjoys managing investigation and it’s easy to see why. Almost all know all about the lively tactic you present priceless techniques through your web site and therefore inspire response from people on the concept then our girl is in fact becoming educated a lot. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the new year. You have been carrying out a first class job.

• June 2, 2018 at 9:55 pm

I in addition to my guys happened to be following the excellent techniques from your website and then instantly I got a terrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the web blog owner for those tips. My guys happened to be for this reason thrilled to learn them and have actually been having fun with them. Appreciation for really being very helpful as well as for pick out such fine subject matter millions of individuals are really desperate to know about. My honest apologies for not expressing appreciation to sooner.

• June 3, 2018 at 1:18 am

Thank you for each of your hard work on this web site. My niece take interest in doing internet research and it is easy to see why. A lot of people learn all about the compelling manner you create rewarding tricks on the web site and therefore strongly encourage participation from the others on that area so our own child is really learning a whole lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You are always carrying out a glorious job.