Keeping it natural and fresh, Miss Earth beauties face judges sans makeup

By Arvin Cabachete

Miss Earth 2018 contestants presented their natural beauty during the Beauty of Face and Poise Preliminary Judging last October 13 at the Cove Manila in Okada Manila. This is one of the major pre-pageant activities composing 65% of the total score. The remaining 35% is for the Intelligence and figure & form. Wearing their swimsuit and resorts wear attire, the ladies faced the judges with no/less makeup.

In an interview, Lorraine Schuck, EVP of Carousel Productions Inc., defends the rationale of this event.

“Kasi ang Miss Earth is an environmental event so trabaho ang ginagawa ng mga girls dito palagi. So naisip naming (Carousel Productions) na pagising palang nila at kailangan na nilang mag tree planting or magpulot ng basura o magturo dapat ‘yung natural beauty. Hindi na kailangan mag makeup.”

Winners from this category will be announced on the coronation night, November 3, at MOA Arena. Figure and intelligence preliminaries will be held on October 29 and November 1, respectively.

In case you missed it, here are the Earth Goddesses during the said preliminary:


Favorites: Nigeria, South Africa, Liberia, Cameroon


Favorites: Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Chile

Asia and Oceania:

Favorites: Philippines, Guam, Vietnam, Thailand, Korea


Favorites: Portugal , Netherlands, Slovenia, Austria, Germany


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial